ENERGY STAR® has very strict product requirements, so Alside implements new features, for example, a thermally optimized narrowline frame and sash. All the necessary safety technologies were used to protect your sleep and everyday life from insects, noise and other different intrusions. Mezzo® Windows from Alside are notable not only for their design and protective properties, but also for optical characteristics. The construction with a reinforced dual-pane insulated glass permits maximum daylight through.
An important advantage of Alside is a personal Lifetime Limited Warranty*, which saves money and ensures professional support, if necessary. Custom-made, enduring and resistant windows outclass the competition in terms of maintainability and reliability.
*See printed warranty for details
Features and Benefits
- The EdgeForce™ low-profile frame and sash creates an expanded glass area while internal chambers increase structural integrity, rigidity and energy efficiency
- CoreFX™ composite reinforcement helps reduce the transfer of energy while strengthening meeting rails and allowing for secure mounting of hardware
- Defense-Tek™ end-of-throw cam shift locking action delivers increased strength and protection
- Forecaster™ quickly directs water runoff, keeping the exterior of the window clean and attractive
- The HP3™ telescoping sill dam delivers protection from air and water infiltration, increases structural stability and enhances beauty
- Gatekeeper™ interlocking sash-to-sill technology delivers a unified wall of strength
- The Ocular ™ screen bulb seal eliminates light penetration between the screen and frame and aids in easy screen installation and removal
Beauty Forged with Performance
- EdgeForce™ The beauty of our EdgeForce narrowline frame and sashes is subtle and substantial at the same time. The sleek design is visually clean and contemporary, with a larger glass area for exceptional daylighting and outside viewing. And beneath the elegance? Internal chambers are meticulously engineered for structural integrity and enhanced energy efficiency.
- CoreFX™ CoreFX is a structural component that never quits. This innovative composite reinforcement allows for secure mounting of hardware and the non-conductive material also reduces the transfer of energy for superior thermal performance.1
- DefenseTek™ Stylish and strong, this low-profile secure locking hardware features an indicator that tells you if your windows are left unlocked. But the true beauty of Defense-Tek is its end-of-throw cam shift locking action, expertly constructed for increased protection
- Forecaster™ Forecaster elevates both the appearance and performance of Mezzo Windows with its smooth, uniform design. The true sloped sill is expertly crafted to provide a highly efficient drainage system that promotes water runoff without the use of weep holes.2
- HP3™ The benefits distinction here is three-fold: protection from air and water infiltration, increased structural stability and enhanced beauty. The integrated telescoping sill dam effortlessly blends strength with style
- Gatekeeper™ When extreme wind and weather hit your home, Gatekeeper stands strong. Traditional sloped sill designs can allow the sash to bow during powerful winds, but with Gatekeeper interlocking sash-to-sill technology, the sash is channeled firmly into the window frame for a unified wall of strength. Combined with three layers of weatherstripping, Gatekeeper delivers unmatched protection, as well as peace of mind.
- Ocular™ Improved form and functionality is the focus of our Ocular screen bulb seal. The compression bulb aids in the installation and removal of the extruded aluminum screen. The snug fit also eliminates light penetration between the screen and frame and helps block insect access.3
1 Double-hung base model will automatically be upgraded to ST (steel reinforcement) for all units ordered in excess of 48" wide or 84" high.
2 For larger size windows or to meet specific DP/PG ratings, optional weeps/performance package must be ordered.
3 Available only with the full screen option.
- ClimaTech® insulating glass packages
- Full screens available (full screens are standard on exterior color-finished windows)
- Obscure glass
- Colonial, Prairie and Craftsman grid patterns available along with a Designer Prairie and Designer Double Prairie grid options
- Interior and exterior color selections include White, Almond and Desert Clay; a Bronze exterior is also available with a White interior
- 1” Nail Fin Set Back
- 1-3/8” Nail Fin Set Back
- 1-3/8” Nail Fin Set Back with J-channel adaptor
- Stucco Fin
ClimaTech® ThermD TG2 and ClimaTech ThermD TG2 Elite insulating glass packages
High-Performance Glass Packages – Maximize Your Energy Savings Year-Round.
Clients often choose replacement windows because they minimize energy transfer. Windows are approximately 80% glass, that’s why we try to create the ideal glass system for climate in your houses and flats. Low-E (low-emissivity) glass, which is included into high-performance insulated glass package will save energy during all seasons of the year. This glass helps to decrease heating costs. Because of clear metallic coating, warm sun rays penetrate your dwelling during the cold season. It works differently in summer: Low-E glass blocks sunlight and keeps your room cooler and this comes most handy in areas such as Las Vegas. So it helps to minimize an air-conditioning usage. Low-E also reduces ultraviolet emission that often causes furnishings to fade. There are two types of high-performance insulated glass packages:
- ClimaTech® combines insulating Low-E glass, argon gas and the Intercept® Warm-Edge Spacer System that features a unique, one-piece metal alloy, U-channel design that creates an effective thermal barrier.
- ClimaTech ThermD features insulating Low-E glass, argon gas and a stainless steel Intercept Warm-Edge Spacer System for even greater thermal efficiency.
ClimaTech ThermD with Stainless Steel Intercept Spacer – the Strongest Choice
The spacer system plays the main role in the integrity of window construction, because it steadies the panes of glass. ClimaTech ThermD’s Intercept spacer makes the whole window system more durable due to its stainless steel alloy and original U-shaped construction. The spacer made of stainless steel precludes seal failure, because it incorporates flex for low stress on the sealant bond to compensate the influence of temperature changes. Specific characteristics of stainless steel, such as incomparable durability, resistance to corrosion and gas impermeability, increase general window thermal performance.
- Structurally Superior
- Strongest Seal
- Advanced Technology
Above and Beyond – Mezzo Meets Future ENERGY STAR® Requirements Today!
ENERGY STAR is a special program with backing from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy. It spreads information about energy-saving products by labelling them with an ENERGY STAR label. It verifies that the product was made with due regard to the environment. So the windows are good both for clients and for the environment!
Mezzo Windows consider strict ENERGY STAR requirements, guaranteeing triple-pane energy-saving performance in a dual-pane systems. The windows are famous for their high-quality performance with common simplicity and for the construction with a reinforced dual-pane insulated glass and thermally optimized frame and sash.
Glass packages specific to your needs
In comparison with ordinary clear glass windows, insulated glass units* help to easily adapt your dwelling to specific climate challenges. You can compare the glass performance with a help of the chart below. The lower the U-Factor, the less energy is required to provide warmth. The lower the Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC), the less air-conditioning is used.Thermal Performance Comparison
|ClimaTech ThermD iE||0.27||0.30||0.27||0.30|
|ClimaTech ThermD Elite||0.27||0.21||0.27||0.21|
- Clear: Double-paned clear glass unit.
- ClimaTech: Double-paned unit with one pane of Low-E glass, argon gas and metal alloy Intercept spacer.
- ClimaTech iE: Double-paned unit with one pane of Low-E glass, argon gas and metal alloy Intercept spacer, along with insulation-enhanced mainframe.
- ClimaTech Elite: Double-paned unit with one pane of Low-E SHGC glass, argon gas and metal alloy Intercept spacer.
- ClimaTech ThermD: Double-paned unit with one pane of Low-E glass, argon gas and stainless steel Intercept spacer.
- ClimaTech ThermD iE: Double-paned unit with one pane of Low-E glass, argon gas and stainless steel Intercept spacer, along with insulationenhanced mainframe.
- ClimaTech ThermD Elite: Double-paned unit with one pane of Low-E SHGC glass, argon gas and stainless steel Intercept spacer.
Beauty and vision, performance and strength – it all comes together in Mezzo’s assortment of color selections. Customize the appearance of your windows with our beautifully styled decorative options.
Decorative grids lend an added measure of style and dimension to your windows. All grids are enclosed within the insulated glass unit for easy cleaning. Select a grid profile and pattern to achieve your ideal finished look. Designer grids are also available for design flexibility.